Boudicca bakes because she enjoys it and because that’s something one can do when one has kids. ‘Boudicca bakes’ is the name of her cake business that she’s been working on for a while. 10 years, to be precise, of perfecting brownies, flapjacks and other sweet delights.
For my food project she very kindly baked a flapjack covered with yoghurt.
Maple syrup 100g
Golden syru 50g
Dark brown sugar 45g
Ginger powder 1tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Pecan and maple cereal (Aldi pecan maple crisp) 150g
Mixed dried fruit (cranberry and raisin) 100g
White chocolate 50g
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
2. Melt together the butter, syrups, and sugar on a low heat.
3. Add the salt, ginger and cinanamon and stir together.
4. Roughly chop the pecans and the cereal. You can pulse it in the blender or food processor into smallish chunks.
5. Add the nuts, cereal, fruit and oats to the butter mix and stir thouroughly.
6. Pour into a lined 8inch cake tin and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Once cooled drizzle with melted white chocolate.
I brought the flapjack cake home, put it on my kitchen counter. That evening it started quickly disappearing from the counter. I had to photograph it before it was gone. So here is a photo of it midway through to disappearing.