Jacci’s crunchy cornflake flapjacks
Everything about this story is sweet, from how Jacci inherited the recipe from her grandma, how she’s been baking them since she was a little girl and how she got the nickname ‘Flapjack Jacci’ because of her fondness for sharing her sweet sweet bakings with the world.
There goes the recipe:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup strong white flour
pinch of salt
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup cornflakes
1. Melt butter and syrup in a large pan, on a low heat, stirring gently until melted.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Press into a large lined or greased baking tray.
4. Bake at 375F (190C/gas5) for 15 minutes checking from 10 minutes onwards to make sure it doesn’t burn.
5. Allow to cool and cut into squares. Should make approximately 20 small pieces.
6. Store in a tin or tub.
The final result is a substantial, sweet, energising and very crunchy snack.